Do you have a Referral Program?
As of 1/9/13, Rock and Roll Daycare will be adopting a referral program. Any family referring another family to Rock and Roll Daycare who subsequently enrolls in Part or Full Time Care shall receive $500 off their next month’s care. We appreciate your help!
How do I enroll?
Complete an application form here. All child applications are entered into our waiting list for review. Any child on our waiting list will be assigned an application number, and will have access to a real-time webpage listing the order of enrollment. When space becomes available we will contact you and you will have seven (7) days to complete a deposit of two weeks full tuition to reserve your space. Click here to be redirected to the waiting list page.
What’s Different About Rock and Roll Day Care?
We offer daily music classes. Unlike other centers that may have a guest music teacher every month or once a week, we have daily 45 minute music classes which all children (pre-schoolers, toddlers, and infants) participate in. Rock and Roll Day Care offers four different music classes, Music Together, Canta Y Baila, Rhythm Kids, and Music Therapy. Children learn how to develop musical, rhythmic, and pattern recognizing skills . Pre-schoolers participate in additional private instrument music lessons, and group classes including orchestra, choir, and music theory.
How many children are you licensed for?
We are licensed for 10 infants, 6 toddlers, and 6 pre-schoolers.
What are the affiliations of the center?
We are affiliated with in house community music school, School of Groove, the critically acclaimed Boston String Quartet, non-profit Music Makers Foundation. We are currently pursuing NAEYC accredidation. Rock and Roll Daycare is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
How can I drop-off/pick-up my child?
There is street parking available in front of the building. Parking meters run from 8am-5pm. Side street parking is available for Cambridge residents with permits.
What is the 2012 holiday schedule?
We are closed for all major holidays including:
January 21st-Closed for Martin Luther King Day
May 27th-Closed for Memorial Day
July 4th-Closed for Independence Day
September 2nd-Closed for Labor Day
October 14-Closed for Columbus Day
November 11-Closed for Veterans Day
November 28th and 29th-Closed for Thanksgiving
December 24th and 25th- Closed for Christmas
December 31st and January 1st- Closed for New Year
How do you communicate with parents?
We have bi-weekly newsletters and monthly dinner events with teachers, administrators, parents and children!
What are the credentials of your teachers?
All of our teachers are certified by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care. Our lead teachers and directors have a minimum Bachelor degree, and several of our teachers are former students of the prestigious Berklee College of Music.
Do parents have to volunteer?
No, but they may visit their child’s classroom at any time. We have an open door policy for parents.
Do you provide diapers?
Do you provide meals?
We provide two snacks per day. Parents may opt to receive meals from our caterer, Smart Lunches (www.smartlunches.com). Meals can be customized to your specifications.
What ages does Rock and Roll Day Care serve?
We serve children ages 3 months to 6 years.
What type of curriculum is taught at Rock and Roll Day Care?
We are in the process of implementing Montessori curriculum for toddlers and pre-schoolers ages 18 months and older.
What other charges may I incur?
None. We don’t charge for snacks, diapers, special events. We are a high end daycare center, and as our clients we expect to provide you with high end service without having to charge additional fees with minimal items.
How can I get involved in the center?
Sign up to read a story, teach a class, make a presentation. You may schedule this at any time with the front desk?
What is the Transition like?
Welcome to Rock and Roll Daycare, we are excited that you have chosen our child-care facility. Rock & Roll Daycare is a unique learning center. In addition to our unique music based curriculum, we provide all the supplies for your child. This includes two daily snacks, diapers, wipes, sheets etc. Lunch optionally provided by “Smart Lunches” (www.smartlunches.com). To prepare you for your transition into our center, we have prepared the following document.
—What to Expect
Transitioning your child to Rock & Roll Daycare is an exciting process, however, adapting to a new environment may be a challenge for the first 1-2 weeks. To ease you and your child into our center, we recommend the following.
- Do not linger in the center longer than 20 minutes each day during drop-off. Yes, we know it will be difficult, but in our experience, the longer you linger at the center, the more your child becomes dependent upon your presence in the center at all times.
- Anticipate crying, especially if it’s the first time that your child has been separated from you, or the first time your child has been in a child-care facility. Please know that they will stop once they have become acclimated.
- Expect bi-weekly newsletters, daily journals, and daily intake forms. Monthly dinners and bi-monthly presentations will also take place in our performance hall.
- Do not expect your child to attend all classes. Your child may require special attention and may not yet be comfortable in attending some classes during the transitional period.
—What to Bring
- Please prepare 3 changes of clothes to have on hand at all times (please note that dirty clothes should be collected at the end of each week, brought home, and washed). Bed sheets should also be washed at the end of each week.
- Formula, breast milk, or medication. Please clearly mark your child’s name, and present to the teacher on site.
- Pack your child’s special blanket, stuffed animal, or special drinking cup
If you have questions at any time, please feel free to contact us at (617) 868-1118.